CurrencyFair began life as a solution to a problem, and as the world gets smaller and more connected, similar problems are being solved by lateral thinkers in a whole range of areas. In April 2015, Susan Donohoe established IrishPostbox.com. The idea came after a friend who was living in Qatar said “it would be great if you could offer a service where people got their mail sent to a business address or PO Box”. The same person mentioned the trouble Irish property owning expats have with their postal mail and the fact that many rely on family members or friends to collect and manage their Irish postal mail, which isn’t ideal with regards to privacy. After some research, training and investment, Susan secured the licence to operate the service exclusively in Ireland.
Who might use IrishPostbox.com?Irish Postbox can be of use to;
- Expats and those who travel frequently but don’t have the backup at home to keep them in control of their postal mail while they are away.
- The ‘Accidental’ landlords who have had to move abroad for work but would like to maintain an Irish address for the banks/tenants without compromising their privacy by directing post to family members.
- Landlords who do not want to use their personal address in relation to dealings with tenants. This will facilitate the sending of original receipts for tax purposes where the tenants has incurred a direct cost.
- Those who work from home but would benefit from a street address and keep control of any post delivered to it.
- Order fulfilment where clients must order in large quantities of stock but don’t have the facilities to hold it at their office.
- Overseas companies who wish to establish a presence in Ireland with minimum expense.